Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

Postby vq17 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 am

Hi everybody from Germany.
I am newbe to linux mint and I consider to buy new hardware. purpose: internet, office, some pics maybe movies and music.
can somebody please feed back if the above hardware is ok and compatible with mint?
thanks a lot!

Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 Notebook, Intel Pentium P6200, 2,1GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD, DVD
vq17
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

Postby darethehair on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

My advise would be to 'live boot' LMDE (or whatever distro) on your laptop from a USB stick to directly see whether it works well or not, since there is no risk and minimal effort involved in running a test like that.

I have an old Fujitsu Lifebook myself (P2120), which runs LMDE well enough, but it is much too slow for most modern desktop environments -- so I am running it without a desktop at all right now (just command line) as a webserver. I was never able to get all the 'hardware' buttons to work with the distros that I ran on it e.g. email buttons, etc. but that didn't really bother me.
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.
darethehair
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions