Cannot drag-select with a mouse in Nemo

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CaluVerde

Cannot drag-select with a mouse in Nemo

Post by CaluVerde »

I do not know whether this is a missing function in Nemo or that my install is busted somehow, but I cannot select any file by dragging with my mouse. Normally while holding down the left button of a mouse while dragging a selection box should appear which you can use to select a/multiple file/files. The selection box DOES appear on my desktop but is does NOT appear in Nemo. If my question is not clear I am referring to the blue selection box in the figure below:
SelectionBox.png
The problem is not theme-related because I have tried a bunch.

My system is running on Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64 bit, with backports from Mint 14 enabled (through which I acquired Nemo). Currently installed Nemo version is 1.1.2. Feel free to ask me any system settings questions.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CaluVerde

Re: Cannot drag-select with a mouse in Nemo

Post by CaluVerde »

I re-installed Nautilus to check whether it is a Nemo problem. The problem also exists for Nautilus. However I have found out that it works both in Nautilus and Nemo under certain conditions: folder view has to be set to either Icons or Compact. The problems thus only occurs for the List folder view option.
SuperSonic
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cannot drag-select with a mouse in Nemo

Post by SuperSonic »

I have exactly same problem, then on list view i can not do drag-select, but on other types of view it works fine. I use Linux Mint 14 x86, Cinnamon 1.8.8, Nemo 1.8.3.
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon x64 EFI. AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1650.

Return to “Software & Applications”