Assertion failed (X server restart) in Mint 13 Mate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mark1mint

Assertion failed (X server restart) in Mint 13 Mate

Post by mark1mint »

So,I've set up Mint 13 Mate on my box more or less the way I wanted:suspension works perfectly with the Liquorix kernel,the proprietary driver is up and running (needed for the next entry),Compiz works almost OK (except a major glitch with the Cube plugin,see my request for advice herehttp://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&t=130637),but there's a twist: occasionally,whilst using Firefox and opening a flash-heavy website,the X server suddendly crashes and I'm taken back to the login screen.

The only interesting line I find in the logs at the time of the crash is this

Code: Select all

Assertion failed in ../../../../../../../../drivers/2d/lnx/fgl/drm/kernel/hal_evergreen.c at line: 69
Strange as it may seem,I have a feeling that it maybe just this particular heavy website that triggers the crash,it has happened repeatedly so far:does this make any sense ?

What does that line in the log refer to ? Is it the graphic driver or something else ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mark1mint

Re: Assertion failed (X server restart) in Mint 13 Mate

Post by mark1mint »

Mind you,I don't ask for a definitive answer/solution:an educated guess/suggestion/hint in the right direction will do...

Return to “MATE”