Uninstalling Thunderbird

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
d00med

Uninstalling Thunderbird

Post by d00med »

Can I safely remove Thunderbird? Trying apt-get remove also wants to remove mint-meta-cinnamon and mint-meta-cinnamon-dvd. Too many updates on all my machines for software I don't use.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Uninstalling Thunderbird

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

it is safe to remove thunderbird, even if it want to remove some meta packages too (well, its only meta-package, so its OK to removed)
These packages do not contain actual software, they simply depend on other packages to be installed. Metapakage allows entire sets of software to be installed by only selecting one package
d00med

Re: Uninstalling Thunderbird

Post by d00med »

lahirdenganselamat wrote:it is safe to remove thunderbird, even if it want to remove some meta packages too (well, its only meta-package, so its OK to removed)
These packages do not contain actual software, they simply depend on other packages to be installed. Metapakage allows entire sets of software to be installed by only selecting one package
Thanks very much.

Return to “Software & Applications”