Can't see shared folder with file upload

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rinke

Can't see shared folder with file upload

Post by Rinke »

Hi,

I installed linux mint 13 32-bit a while ago on a pc at home.
We have a sort of server (windows xp 32bit) here and it has one disk that is shared on the network.

Now i have this odd problem.
When i go to network i can see the disk and the files, i can add, delete en edit files.
But when i want to upload a file (an attachment in gmail, or a file to dropbox for example) is can't see the disk at the left menu.
Also i don't see any network button at all...

Any help would be welcome!!

Greets,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can't see shared folder with file upload

Post by altair4 »

After you go to "network" the remote share is mounted at this location:

Code: Select all

/home/your-user-name/.gvfs
You could bookmark that location so that it shows up on the left side panel of your application.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Rinke

Post by Rinke »

Thank you for your response!

I can access the folder(s) now but i can add it to the bookmarks at the left side menu.
When i add it (i click the + ) then he add it but immediatly he delete's it..

Greets,

EDIT: I also tried to add i to the bookmarks when i'am in "my computer", but then it will not show up when i try to upload it to gmail or something. After i tried to add it to bookmarks when i was uploading he did added it to the bookmarks in "my computer", so now i have a bunch of bookmarks in "my computer" and they don't show up when i try to upload.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Look at the contents of $HOME/.gtk-bookmarks.

Don't you have a line that looks something like this:
file:///home/altair/.gvfs
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Networking”