gap between launchers in panel [SOLVED]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vito49

gap between launchers in panel [SOLVED]

Post by Vito49 »

Hello, I switched back from LM KDE and installed LMDE 201303, both Cinnamon and Mate in a dual-boot.
Everything looks nice and works great (Mate also but I prefer Cinnamon) but one thing that bothers me is the very small gap between the launchers in the quick launch panel (left). In fact I think there is no gap at all, and dragging doesn't work, the icons always go back against each other.

So my Cinnamon question is:
Is there a way to increase the gap between these icons? No problem if I have to change some code, I can handle that if explained extendedly :lol:

Many thanks.
Greetings from Aarschot, in Flanders/Belgium.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sjmcc

Re: gap between launchers in panel

Post by sjmcc »

Your cinnamon theme can control this. Find the cinnamon.css file for the theme you are using and open it. There will be a section within the css for the panel launchers applet. In that section you should fine something like this:

Code: Select all

.panel-launcher {
	margin: 1px;
	padding: 1px;
}
I added this line to mine which adds some extra padding between the icons:

.panel-launcher {
	padding-left: 5px;
}
The padding-left value controls the gap. Just set this to the size that you like. Then save the file and restart cinnamon to see it take affect. Hopefully that does what you need.
Vito49

Re: gap between launchers in panel

Post by Vito49 »

sjmcc wrote:Your cinnamon theme can control this. Find the cinnamon.css file for the theme you are using and open it. There will be a section within the css for the panel launchers applet. In that section you should fine something like this:

.panel-launcher {
}
I added this line to mine which adds some extra padding between the icons:

.panel-launcher {
	padding-left: 5px;
}
The padding-left value controls the gap. Just set this to the size that you like. Then save the file and restart cinnamon to see it take affect. Hopefully that does what you need.
OK, this is the solution, looks much prettier now.
Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”