Add path to copy to and move to

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zetrotrack000

Add path to copy to and move to

Post by zetrotrack000 »

Hi
When we right click on a folder in caja filemanager, we get the options "copy to" and "move to" which allow us to copy or move a file to home folder or desktop. How can we add more paths to this list in addition to "home" and "desktop"?
Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Add path to copy to and move to

Post by DataMan »

I suspect that if you open another instance of the file browser (as in double click on your computer icon) then you should see an option for the "other".

If you find yourself doing a lot of file/folder copying and moving, you might want to consider utilizing a dual-pane file browser. A couple of good apps that come to mind are krusader (kde app), xfe (cross desktop app), and midnight commander (also plays nice at the command-bash level). My longstanding app of choice is krusader (worth the kde libraries you inherit running a native kde app in gnome-like environment).

-DataMan
zetrotrack000

Post by zetrotrack000 »

Opening an extra pane allows to copy/move from right click menu but when you have another pane opened then this "copy to" or "move to" option become useless as you can drag n drop files.
There are filemanager like dolphin which are providing this functionality but I am looking that whether I can add this functionality in caja!
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

Did you try what I suggested in my original response?

With krusader (and I believe xfs), when you drag from window a to window b, it will prompt whether it is a copy or a move.

-DataMan
Vontux

Post by Vontux »

It seems really odd that you can do what the poster wants to do in Nemo, but can't in caja. I think it would be great to have file manager bookmarks in caja added to the "Copy To" and "Move To" sub menus.

Return to “MATE”