Huge Icons in taskbar?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drmccoy

Huge Icons in taskbar?

Post by drmccoy »

Hey there mint comunity.

I downloaded mint like a week ago, but after making some changes to cinnamon (theme, standard fonts, etc...), all my icons at the right side of the taskbar are huge as hell.
Anybody recognize this or know how to tackle this problem?

Edit: Also, the applications shown in the taskbar (open programs, i.e. chrome) don't display text. So the graphic is there and it's also large enough to hold text, but the text is not displayed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Huge Icons in taskbar?

Post by catweazel »

You need to go into Cinnamon settings and turn on the setting to allow Cinnamon to scale the panel.

I don't use Cinnamon so I can't be certain of helping you to navigate to the option. However IIRC, it's in Cinnamon Settings > Panel.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
DasFox
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Huge Icons in taskbar?

Post by DasFox »

Mine did this too and the Mint Team should have this Scale option on by default unless it's a bug and it doesn't need to be.

Whatever the case, PLEASE fix this guys, fix the bug or turn the option on by Default!

People shouldn't have to mess with something like this, not that it's hard, but it's not the point!

THANKS

Return to “Cinnamon”