I need help with wifi/internet.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NintenisAwesome

I need help with wifi/internet.

Post by NintenisAwesome »

I'm using Linux Mint 14 and I just installed it besides Windows 7, but It won't connect to my wifi, and it won't even connect when I have it connected with a wire. I went to the settings and my wifi network didn't show and neither did my wired network. I have no clue what to do. (I wanted to post this in networking but since I just signed up I can only post here. )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NintenisAwesome

Re: I need help with wifi/internet.

Post by NintenisAwesome »

Anyone?
alicajmacandie

Post by alicajmacandie »

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for your wifi?
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

NintenisAwesome wrote:I'm using Linux Mint 14 and I just installed it besides Windows 7, but It won't connect to my wifi, and it won't even connect when I have it connected with a wire. I went to the settings and my wifi network didn't show and neither did my wired network. I have no clue what to do. (I wanted to post this in networking but since I just signed up I can only post here. )
The make and model of your NIC and/or machine would help.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jjhiza

Post by jjhiza »

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me.

So, Ubuntu 13.04 works perfectly on my Satellite L855, but no other distro seems compatible with my 8188ce WiFi drivers, which is frustrating.

As an example, I have the latest LMDE installed on my HP G60 230US, and it works fine, but the distro won't pick up WiFi on the Toshiba.

I've read a bunch of forum threads, regarding the 8188ce drivers, and apparently, they suck... Can anyone recommend some drivers that are compatible with the) Satellite series, or am I just going to be stuck running Ubuntu?

Return to “Beginner Questions”