Impressed + Happy = Mint Nadia

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dreamerman

Impressed + Happy = Mint Nadia

Post by dreamerman »

Have been a life long Win user. Currently running Win7 on all my machines at home. Have tried various distros over the past 3 or so years and always given up at the end, mainly due to hardware incompatibilities and pushing the boundries of my non-existant Linux knowledge. Decided to check out Mint after reading glowing reviews. Long story short, I have 64 bit Nadia Cinnamon running off a 16GB USB2.0 flash drive. I have Remmina (remote desktop to a headless machine) and Samba (joining a Win7 home network) running which are most important for me and I managed to achieve that without using command line. Next is to get my digital camcoder working which I don't think its going to be a problem.

By the way, from GRUB menu to login screen took just under 2 mins. My flash drive isn't the quickest (read 13.3/write 4.4) and my main machine is only a dual core. Will keep running from flash drive for say a month before I make a full local install.

In short I am extremely impressed and many thanks to the community.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Impressed + Happy = Mint Nadia

Post by catweazel »

dreamerman wrote:My flash drive isn't the quickest (read 13.3/write 4.4)
Welcome aboard. I was a lifelong Windwoes developer. Heck, I worked on beta Windwoes 1 back in '83/84 while working for the now defunct Ashton-Tate on dBase I. So it's a big step, and I certainly haven't looked back. Once you start to get more confident the yearning for Windowoes dies, and Mint's ability to function right out of the box certainly helps.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P
dreamerman

Post by dreamerman »

I am flying :-)
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

dreamerman wrote:I am flying :-)
What drugs are you on?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,

Welcome to the forum,

:mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”