KDE network manager will not connect to VPN

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintNewBee

KDE network manager will not connect to VPN

Post by MintNewBee »

Just installed mint 14 KDE after using Kubuntu 13.04 beta 2 and also previously 12.04 + 12.10, I had hoped that Mint might work for me but it hasn't.

I am trying to connect to my pptp VPN service and have setup my details in network manager (plasmoid) and it shows "connecting" but doesn't actually do anything, by this I mean, the router lights do not flash at all like they always do when establishing this type of connection, so I know it's not physically doing anything, it just sits there for a couple of mins then stops, ready for trying again. No error messages or anything.

I did try Mate edition of Mint some weeks ago and the connection was working and the connection always works without hitch in win 7, and yes I tried every time with my other machines (win 7) just to see if there was any problem with the VPN service itself, there isn't.

I really wanted to use KDE but there is always some issue that is a deal breaker for me. I think it is a bug in the KDE network manager, I always double & triple check my settings.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintNewBee

Re: KDE network manager will not connect to VPN

Post by MintNewBee »

bump in the hope of anyone knowing anything
rotave

Re: KDE network manager will not connect to VPN

Post by rotave »

maybe check if "network-manager-pptp" is installed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”