KDE system sounds- no not that.

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE system sounds- no not that.

Postby homerscousin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

This started a few days ago. I got a kill-a-watt meter, so I did some playing. The only change I made to my system during the last 3 or 4 days was to change my monitor on screen brightness level down a bit. I also plugged my sound system in and there appeared to be some unwanted interference, so I jiggled my sound out from mobo connector, maybe it wasn't pressed in 100%. I've done that before with nothing strange happening. I rebooted my rig several times during my testing with that meter. I noticed that after my login when the desktop has loaded I normally get a system sound of about 8 or 9 tones. The last 3 or 4 tones have never been correct. They repeat or stutter. OK, that isn't the new thing. Now the tones have an echo or reverb quality to them and not on every reboot. I know from Windows the Realtek sound chip and software has effects capability, but I haven't even looked into that in Mint. Anyone have a clue what happened this past week? Actually, if I can control and apply this effect, yes, I do want it.
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.
homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE