Moving Toolbar

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
morayman

Moving Toolbar

Post by morayman »

How do I move the toolbar(I assume it's called) from the top to the bottom of my desktop? I had some video problems with my computer and after fixing them my toolbar has gone from the bottom to the top! I tried to drag and drop it but that dosn't work.I can't find anything to help me ,I did look,but this has got me baffeled.Please Help! morayman.............
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Moving Toolbar

Post by kc1di »

Hello morayman,

I'm Assuming your using Cinnamon , but you did not say, If you are you can
go to Menu >Cinnamon Setting (in the left panel about 3 down from the top) > Click on Panel icon > about half way down the box that comes up you'll find a drop down box
you can choose where to place the panel (tool bar as you called it).
good luck
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
morayman

Post by morayman »

Thank you for the prompt reply! I forgot to say I'm running Mint Maya.I did what you suggested and did indeed find the Cinnamin settings for the panel,but it was already set to bottom and I could not get it to change.It's's still on the top and I can't find any way to change it from my poking and proding around.If you or anyone can help I will greatly appriciate it ,Thanks,morayman..............
morayman

Post by morayman »

Is there no other suggestions out there for my problem? Am I doomed to a life with the toolbar at the top of my desktop? Please help me someone! morayman.................
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cecar »

Did you restart Cinnamon after changing? Tried log out and in again?
morayman

Post by morayman »

Yes I restart it after I change,like it says to,but still no change in toolbar position.It's got me stumped.Is there another setting somewhere I don't see? or another method to try? morayman........
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Hi,
Does the taskbar change (in appearance and functionality)? If yes, I think your video problem is not fixed, because it seems like your system is using Gnome Fallback mode, not Cinnamon :)
There are a lot of questions and answers in this forum about graphic card problems. I have never had these problems before, so some searching will help you :)
morayman

Post by morayman »

Abonvolk,Yes I have found a problem with my video.I thought it was my video card at first ,so I pulled it and went to on-board video but the problem is still there,meaning to me it might be the video controller? I get random screen lock -up some times and then I cannot restart my computer as it won't post .At any rendom time it might again post and allow start-up.I might be wrong with my analisis of the problem ,but I think you hit the nail on the head! If I'm right I guess it means a new motherboard or computer? morayman..................

Return to “Beginner Questions”