Favorite IRC client?

Discuss non-support related topics related to LMDE.
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

What is your favorite IRC client?

XChat
75%
Quassel
No votes
Konsole
No votes
Pidgin
No votes
irssi
No votes
weechat
13%
ircII
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes : 8

Favorite IRC client?

Postby phlux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey folks. I'm just curious what everyone's using for their IRC client here. Are you sticking with the installed-by-default XChat (no longer under development IIRC) or have you moved on? I've been using CLI IRC clients for years now so that I can SSH in to one of my servers and attach to a tmux session, and there's my IRC client waiting for me!

Right now I'm using weechat in the terminal, and I've been using it for several months. I'm in love with it.

So what say you?

EDIT: Screenshot of my weechat setup:

http://i.imgur.com/4s3MCky.png
phlux
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Favorite IRC client?

Postby squig on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 am

ive used xchat for years, its a very solid client and i like it a lot. Im sad to hear its no longer being developed. way back i used to use kvirc and its still my windows client of choice since xchat charges money for the windows version.
squig
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Mr. B on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Xchat of course, i used it since the very beginning when i entered the linuxworld.
Mr. B
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Taran'li Maren on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 am

Xchat is no longer developed, but there is a compatible successor in HexChat. It is available in windows and linux, and I use it in windows. If it were in the LDME repos, I would use it in linux also. *hint* * hint*
Taran'li Maren
Level 1
Level 1

HexChat

Postby Emmanuel_Chanel on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 am

Taran'li Maren wrote:Xchat is no longer developed, but there is a compatible successor in HexChat. It is available in windows and linux, and I use it in windows. If it were in the LDME repos, I would use it in linux also. *hint* * hint*

Hello! I still use xchat on Linux Mint and I don't plan to use HexChat on Linux yet. But HexChat is a nice alternative for xchat for Windows since it's free! :)
As a fan of xchat, I wish that many Japanese Windows users used HexChat. In Japan, LimeChat looks the most popular among Windows users.
Emmanuel_Chanel
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open Discussion