no sound after suspend lenovo t60

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tadpole1954

no sound after suspend lenovo t60

Post by tadpole1954 »

Hi all. Since Mint 12, I think, I have been having a problem with having no sound after I suspend my laptop. I have this using Mint and the corrisponding Ubuntu versions as well. I usually just log out/in to get my sound working again. It's not really that much effort to do this, but after all this time it has gotten to be a hassle and I'm considering changing my os to see if that would fix things.

I've searched the forums here and ubuntu and found scores of sound problems, but none that sounded like what I needed. Googled it as well. So, if anyone could chime in here with some suggestions I would really appreciate it. I've been using Mint for a good while now and I really don't want to move on. Mint is the best there is imho.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tadpole1954

Re: no sound after suspend lenovo t60

Post by tadpole1954 »

Well, for what it's worth, I'm now convinced that this problem isn't Mint/Ubuntu related. I guess it's a hardware issue of some kind. I've been using a Live usb of Manjaro, and I set it to suspend like I do Mint. It gave me the exact same result. No sound after suspend. That's kinda disappointing in a way, but on the other hand, if I have to deal with this then I might as well deal with it using Mint. Later guys......................
iamk2

Post by iamk2 »

Doubt you will see this but it actually is a mint problem and not your PC - and on that note I am not putting all the blame on Mint. You will most likely find that your system will not lose sound with Sabayon - Here is why - I tried 9 diff distros with the same issue - all of the distros using a version of grub where the grub.conf file can be updated using the update-grub command fail to keep the sound alive after suspend. The distros that require you to use the make config sommand to update the grub.conf file keep the sound alive.
kurtschoen

Post by kurtschoen »

This sequence solved same problem on my Thinkpad X230 :

Solution:
1. Go to Software Manager and install the GNOME ALSA Mixer
2. Go to this link:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audi ... /+packages

- Click on the Quantal package
- Click on the .deb package
- Click on "Save File"
- When the "Downloads" box pops up, click on the new download and then click on "Install"
- Restart computer and then test it out. You should be able to close computer lid, suspend, and then hear sound from the speakers when resuming.
deltree

Post by deltree »

The link in your last post seems to be broken so I'm posting the fix I found on another thread.

I ran alsamixer from terminal and saw that Auto-Mute Mode was Enabled :?
I Disabled it and my sound came back right away :D

Solution by bassamie on http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=122801

Return to “Sound”