Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" Xfce released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" Xfce released!

Post by clem »

The Dark Side

Re: Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" Xfce released!

Post by The Dark Side »

Once again, Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team with XFCE version (as in the previous edition, the 13th) is really fantastic. Personally, I'm waiting for the final version of KDE with anxiety. Right now, I'm testing the XFCE version, it really is very fast, very stable, did an outstanding job with this version of Linux Mint XFCE. Congratulations Linux Mint Team !!!!
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

Jose Manuel wrote:Once again, Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team with XFCE version (as in the previous edition, the 13th) is really fantastic. Personally, I'm waiting for the final version of KDE with anxiety. Right now, I'm testing the XFCE version, it really is very fast, very stable, did an outstanding job with this version of Linux Mint XFCE. Congratulations Linux Mint Team !!!!
I concur with Jose. I recently installed the Cinnamon version of LM 14 on my 5-year old laptop, but I noticed it ran noticeably slower than LM 13 Xfce and depleted the battery quicker. Then I installed the newest version of Bodhi Linux, which ran as fast if not faster than LM 13 Xfce. Yet, since I prefer Xfce to Enlightnement, I decided to install LM 14 Xfce as soon as I saw Clem's notice today. I've had it running most of the day--downloading, installing, and trying out various apps--and I'm very impressed with it's speed, look, and stability so far. In short, great job again Linux Mint Team! :D
willation

Post by willation »

Linux Mint Team, Thank you for an excellent release. I already am Mintspired with Cinnamon on my laptop. I am new to the xfce edition that I tried with an old 6 1/2 years PC. I was impressed with how it breathed new life and speed to it. I wiped out Windows 8 preview and Windows XP by completely installing this edition. It is very stable and no problems with recognizing any of the hardware, including an AGP Video card with 64MB ram. It feels even much faster than when I had Windows XP on it.
OBYONETAOPY

Post by OBYONETAOPY »

HÉ HÉ....as I found nowhere to post for this....

I suggest OVHELIA for Linux Mint 15 xfce

It's a name that does not exist, or may be it does, but I think it's nicer
than OLIVIA on it's own...or OPHELIA a little bit too Orwelian....

OVHELIA as this advantage of the OVE, (promess of an hatching egg) and HELIA that comes from Helen, grec, that means Sun Ray Shining.......

Linux Mint 15 xfce OVHELIA a ray of sun shine hatching out of an egg....

What about that as a LOGO and PROMO for coming LINUX MINT 15

hihihiiiii;...think it does it hey ?
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

OBYONETAOPY wrote:HÉ HÉ....as I found nowhere to post for this....

I suggest OVHELIA for Linux Mint 15 xfce

It's a name that does not exist, or may be it does, but I think it's nicer
than OLIVIA on it's own...or OPHELIA a little bit too Orwelian....

OVHELIA as this advantage of the OVE, (promess of an hatching egg) and HELIA that comes from Helen, grec, that means Sun Ray Shining.......

Linux Mint 15 xfce OVHELIA a ray of sun shine hatching out of an egg....

What about that as a LOGO and PROMO for coming LINUX MINT 15

hihihiiiii;...think it does it hey ?
Mint 15 will be named Olivia. All Mint editions have the same name, so I don't think Mint 15 Xfce will be called Ovhelia
powelton

Post by powelton »

Noob here. So far really enjoying my experience with Nadia XFCE. Nicely done!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”