Battery Monitor not working on Acer 3050

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rmuccioli
Level 1
Level 1

Battery Monitor not working on Acer 3050

Post by rmuccioli »

The Battery Monitor is not working on my Acer 3050. It was working at one point before i sent it back to acer for a screen replaced and had not worked since. I was duel booting with Windows XP and the Monitor worked in XP so its not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled Linux Mint with out Duel booting windows XP but battery monitor is still not working. Any one have any ideals on what happen. :?

Thanks
Ronald Muccioli
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux rules! Vista you know?
Husse

Re: Battery Monitor not working on Acer 3050

Post by Husse »

I hope we are not talking about a hardware instrument?
I must say your post is very unclear, so please clarify
rmuccioli
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rmuccioli »

I'm sorry.
The battery monitor icon on the Gnome panel in the lower right corner. It is always showing that it is plugged even when its not. I have no way of knowing how long the battery will last. It was working but has stopped, since I got it back from acer (they replaced the monitor) I have reinstalled Linux Mint 4.0 and still have the problem. Not sure what to do.

Called Acer tonight looks like issue is with the the hardware and not a Linux Mint issue. I'm sending it back for repairs again. Its frustrating but Acer customer serves has been very helpful and has not made an issues in that I'm not running the default OS (vista).

Thanks, Sorry for the confusion... :roll:

Ronald Muccioli
Husse

Post by Husse »

Be glad it's not a Toshiba....
rmuccioli
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rmuccioli »

Well the saga continues. After receiving my computer back from Acer the 2nd time it still had an issues with the battery monitor symbol... Well after some experimenting and trouble shooting I figured out that Acer had updated my BIOS. I reloaded the one from the web site for Windows and reinstalled Mint and everything had been great....
Husse

Post by Husse »

What can I say? :)
This also shows why it can be so 1*¤? hard to find solutions sometimes

Return to “Hardware Support”