Some stuff I'm hoping to develop for the LMDE distro

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fusix

Some stuff I'm hoping to develop for the LMDE distro

Post by Fusix »

But for now, you can use them for whatever

I recently did some stuff for someone and they said: I like what you did, but it would have been nice if it had just been plain, then I could use them for whatever.

So, here is the start of some stuff I am hoping to do for LMDE. Seeing as Debian have just eased up on people using their logo, and it will be quite clear that I am not affiliating myself with them in any way, it should be fine.

Here is just a very quick taster of stuff I am thinking of doing, but feel free to use it for whatever you like.. You need to resize for your desktop, but that is not a problem with Mint. If people want specific resolutions then please say.

http://www.filedropper.com/lmde-wallpaperstar

Just something to get the ball rolling. I know it's nothing earth shattering, just my little way of giving something back.
I was going to stick the Debian logo over it, with a bit of Mint thrown in too.

Just simple stuff. Not sure how I'm going to pull it together yet. There is a challenge in the simplicity of it.

cheers.

Edit:
It's all open source, free even, you can do what you like with it. You can take it and change it or just take it and do nothing with it and make money off it. I don't want credit. This is just free in every possible meaning of the word.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fusix

Re: Some stuff I'm hoping to develop for the LMDE distro

Post by Fusix »

Btw, if you like this kind of thing, then I would be only too happy to do a version for other distros.

Maybe something in 3D as an original ident and just simply overlaid on the top.

I have average/mediocre 3D skills so it should not be too difficult.

I'll post up some ideas when I have them and you can tell me what you think.

cheers.
Fusix

Post by Fusix »

Some very simple W.I.P.

1920 x 1080 Resolution:

excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

Excellent, I must fire up the LMDE box and download them, thanks.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
Fusix

Post by Fusix »

Cheers.

They are pretty simple. Just want something low key and unfussy and easy on the eye.

I'm just firing up my old Cinema4D and going to recreate the iconic mint logo and incorporate it in somehow. The debian logo too. Not sure how it will all work yet. It has to be simple...

Not sure how they will both integrate, but it will still be pretty understated.

I'm open to suggestions and any requests for specific resolutions. The great thing about the mint distros for me is the way they can take any resolution wallpaper and stretch/scale it, to make it look good.

I may even do something a bit more fancy later on.

Lots of great 3D artists out there. Some of them doing some great work for mint.

Return to “Your Artwork”