GOOFED ROYALL on install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kuba

GOOFED ROYALL on install

Post by kuba »

long story short.

tried to install linux mint 14(64) with a live usb install, alongside my Win7-64.

it asked if I wanted to overwrite, etc, so I chose "something else" to create my own partition for Mint.
So when I did so, this is what I ended up with.

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/8188/20130421191639.jpg

Now it won't boot up with any options to choose the OS I want to run.
This laptop originally had 2 partitions, one for Windows and the other a rescue partition in case something happened to it.

I'm hoping i can undo this crappy a** install, as it prompted me when I was about to create a partition that i could "undo" anything I did.

hope any of you can help me revert the system back to the way it was and maybe do a good normal reinstall of linux next to Windows.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
uncle

Re: GOOFED ROYALL on install

Post by uncle »

If you have committed to this, then the windows partition is gone. You have 2 ext4 partitions and a swap, which are all Linux. You would have been better off doing the automagic install of Mint along side the windows. To fix this, I suspect you have to reinstall windows, first. Then install Mint along side the windows.

Sorry to have heard of your misadventure. Hopefully you can press the back button from the screenshot.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: GOOFED ROYALL on install

Post by Pierre »

you can also use 'test disk' from another 'nix _cd ( SysRecCd)

- that will take some time, but it will find the underlying windows partition(s)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Installation & Boot”