How to install Microsoft Office 2013 with Wine ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Raka Kadar

How to install Microsoft Office 2013 with Wine ?

Post by Raka Kadar »

Hai :D I'm newbie here. I have planned to move from Windows 8 to Linux Mint 14. But i wonder, how to install Microsoft Office 2013 in Mint. Can somebody help me ? :( :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: How to install Microsoft Office 2013 with Wine ?

Post by passerby »

Does it need to be 2013? It doesn't seem to work to well, looking at other people's results: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=26323
2007 works quite well, if that's a viable alternative for you. It even has a step-by-step installation available in playonlinux (kind of a front-end/manager for wine installs).
The.Linux.Experiment

Re: How to install Microsoft Office 2013 with Wine ?

Post by The.Linux.Experiment »

Hi there, most of your open source office suites have compatible files type saves that are work with MS office. So if it's possibly the concern of file conversion for say taking files to/from work/home being Wind/Linux its probably not a big deal. These seem to work better in the native operating system rather than trying to force one into the other. I recommend you try one of the popular ones like Libre, Abi, Calligra, KOffice, Openoffice, etc. If it's the interface you don't want to have to relearn or transition back and forth take a look at something like this http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/03/wps- ... e-but-isnt :D. Of course if it is a must you can try wine as mentioned before but also if it is problematic you can run windows with MSoffice in a virtual box inside linux.

G'luck

Return to “Software & Applications”