Desktop Issuses: Faded .folders & Maximized Open Dialogs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Orbmiser

Desktop Issuses: Faded .folders & Maximized Open Dialogs

Post by Orbmiser »

Did searching on them and spent time and footwork trying to solve myself.
But this ole' brain is down to it's last 2 neurons rubbing together for heat 8)

1) When right click Open,Save,Perferences,Properties,etc. in Application. '
The Dialog box is huge and matches application size.
Have to manually resize down to proper size. Rerunning app back to same problem dialogs too big.

Don't want to have to manually set remember size & position for every dialog box. Is there an easier way?

2) in my Home folder all the .folders are faded and harder to read compared to
pics,docs,etc.. folders that appear normally.
Anyway to disable that?

3) KDE Menu Editor See all the menus in left pane and option to delete but not hide? or not show in menu.
Wanting to hide individual programs and trim down what I don't use now.
But don't want to delete as may wish to add them back later. How do I achieve this.

Any help on these issues is appreciated! And have a Goody Day! 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Desktop Issuses: Faded .folders & Maximized Open Dialogs

Post by homerscousin »

Did you update KDE to 4.10.2? I thought I saw a post where you stated you did. Just wondered if you noticed the behavior on 4.10. I left my KDE at 4.10.0
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep latest 4.10.2.

And yep these are not update issues so much as I can't figure them out issues :?
And buried in some deep tweak settings hole.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

don't know if this helps because I did not want to try it. I just now found that menu editor, a new thing to me. I went to settings, config menu editor and checked the show hidden entries box. Now there is a new check box 'hidden entry' on the general tab.

Faded folders? Maybe the icon theme? A few weeks ago my Dolphin icon on the task bar magically changed to a system default icon. I installed a new theme many weeks ago from system settings and it all seemed to work until this happened. It's no big deal, but I bet if I changed the theme to something else and then back to the one I want it would be magically fixed. Oh, I know what you mean. The hidden .folders and files are a darker color or intensity than the non hidden ones. Don't know, but I would bet there is a theme config file or other where you can adjust a value to get them all to display at the same intensity.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep I'm sure they are all solvable if you have the Magic Hidden Knowledge of the Master Sage! :shock:
And will keep searching for the magic spell that will transform my Portal! :?

Return to “Software & Applications”