Super_R not working

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deelite

Super_R not working

Post by deelite »

Hi,

on my keyboard i have only 1 Super Key - on the right side. Under Unity this key works for the 'Startmenu'. Under Cinnamon it does not.

In settings->keyboard->shortcuts i can't find any config for that.

Can anyone help me please?

Thaks for reading this!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deelite

Re: Super_R not working

Post by deelite »

No ideas?
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

When you go to Cinnamon Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts, and in the window on the left under Categories you select Cinnamon,
then in the right window under Keyboard Shortcuts there is an option for "Menu button". I assume you are not seeing this option?
If not, have you tried connecting an external USB keyboard to see if the option now appears? This keyboard should function along with the
built in one. You may have to restart your system.
deelite

Post by deelite »

I see this option. And it's the same as I meant above.

With another keyboard with 2 Super keys, only the left one works.

But i only have the right one...
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

I may be a little confused as to what you can see. On your laptop can you see the screen below with "Super_L" showing or can you only see it with the the USB keyboard connected?
Screenshot-keyboard-shortcuts.png
If you can see the screen above then just change the "Keyboard bindings" from "Super_L" to "Super_R".
If you can only see it with the USB keyboard connected, then use that keyboard to change the setting. Then disconnect the keyboard and see if the setting sticks using the right super key.

Return to “Cinnamon”