Does't ask for password: Authetication went wrong

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alex_L
Level 2
Level 2

Does't ask for password: Authetication went wrong

Post by Alex_L »

Hello

Since a few days, I have installed backport repository (ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu quantal) to my 32 bit Linux Mint 14 "KDE Edition". In fact, all went fine, but today, I saw, that the hardware clock went wrong. So I started systensettings to instert the correct value. I entered a ntp Host and after clicking on apply, the dialog turns busy and after a time the dialog returns ann error message:
Authentifizierung nicht möglich. Aktion kann nicht ausgeführt werden:6 (Unable to authenticate/execute the action: 6,)
Systemsettings started in a shell gives me:
systemsettings(31636)/kutils (KCModuleProxy) KCModuleProxyPrivate::loadModule: Module not already loaded, loading module "Datum & Zeit" from library "kcm_clock" using symbol "kcm_clock"
systemsettings(31636)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::instance: instance(): ... initialised
systemsettings(31636)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig: readConfig(): local zone= "Europe/Luxembourg"
systemsettings(31636)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readZoneTab: readZoneTab( "/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab" )
false
systemsettings(31636)/kdeui (KNotification) KNotificationManager::notificationClosed: 232
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
Resource id: 0x4a00144
systemsettings(31636)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig

Normally, that application should ask for a password. Why doesn't it? What is configured wrong so the system doessn't ask?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jaws

Re: Does't ask for password: Authetication went wrong

Post by Jaws »

Same thing happened on my laptop, but not my desktop; after an update, the time changed to UTC instead of my local time.

Had to go to > Digital clock settings, instead of > Adjust Date and Time..., to apply the correct settings.

Don't know about the password deal, in fact, I'm not sure it asked for a PW before with my bad memory.
Alex_L
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Does't ask for password: Authetication went wrong

Post by Alex_L »

Same thing here, I had to do it from the console:

sudo apt-get reconfigure tzdata

This time, it worked. But strange behaviour in KDE.

Al

Return to “Software & Applications”