xmonad and mate

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

xmonad and mate

Postby Huugin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am

Hi

I'm using linux mint 13 LTS with MATE. I have recently discovered xmonad, and so far it seems really cool. Only thing is...I only know how to start it up as an Xsession (I choose it as the session option when I log into Mint), but I would really like to be able to use it with the MATE desktop; such that I'll be using the MATE desktop, but using xmonad to tile my windows.

Can this be done? I'm sure it can, but how?

many thanks for any tips

*edit, I know some of the shortcuts for xmonad by review various forums and websites, but is there some built-in file, documentation, help, or something that I can review to discover shortcuts, or am I screwed if my internet connection and my memory fails at the same time?
Huugin
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions