Installing Mint via a CD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mihgo

Installing Mint via a CD

Post by mihgo »

Hi all! I want to install Linux Mint on my desktop, but I don't have a flash drive, nor do I have a DVD-R drive. Aside from installing Linux Mint from inside Windows, is there anyway I can get my hands on a CD friendly .iso? I imagine I could probably update Mint up to it's current version from whatever earlier version I get my hands on, but again, this is just me hoping that such is possible!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Installing Mint via a CD

Post by Orbmiser »

Sorry but the versions that still fit on a CD are very old. And wouldn't work trying to upgraded them to new.

If you don't have a little cash to invest?
As can get a 2gb thumb drive for like $8
Or borrow one? Used DVD drives abound for $10-$20 kind of thing.
mihgo

Re: Installing Mint via a CD

Post by mihgo »

Orbmiser wrote:Sorry but the versions that still fit on a CD are very old. And wouldn't work trying to upgraded them to new.

If you don't have a little cash to invest?
As can get a 2gb thumb drive for like $8
Or borrow one? Used DVD drives abound for $10-$20 kind of thing.
I honestly didn't have any money to my name at the time, but a friend gave me a blank DVD and I went with it from there. Thanks for the reply! I really should scrounge some money up and get a USB thumb drive. I find it shameful that I don't already have one, hehe.

Return to “Installation & Boot”