Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Postby jazz.h on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 am

Hi!
I've been experimenting a bit with themes in Mint 13, both from the repositories and gnomelook.org.
Now when I log in I'm reverted to some strange theme and icon set.
When I change window borders in that particular theme and icon set, everything is ok until next login. There is a exclamation mark bellow the active theme and a message about matefaenzadark not properly set... or something. And I do indeed have faenza icons installed, including matefaenzadark subset.
At the same theme another user when logged in is having no problems with the same theme/icon set configuration.
I suppose it's some kind of permittions problem, I even deleted most of the previously installed themes, but manually I couldn't find anywhere matefaenzadark file, nor in "/home/.local/.themes/" nor in "/usr/themes/" directories...
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Postby jazz.h on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 am

Now I know a bit more...
It's definitively with my 1st user (creted during installation) rights. After login I set a desired theme, window borders, colors, icons, logout then login again - and theme is not remembered.
Then, just to be sure, I created another user, loged in, setup theme, logout then login again - everything is OK.
Maybe it has something to do with my restored home dir from backup...?
Anyone? I could eventually migrate to a new user but it would take me a lot of time...
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Postby zerozero on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:26 am

jazz.h wrote:Maybe it has something to do with my restored home dir from backup...?

almost certainly. this home used to belong to which distro/edition/DE before?

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby jazz.h on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 am

It used to belong to Linux Mint 14 MATE, although same username is being used.
I gave up on Mint 14 MATE after problems with heating ->http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=131574

Thx for reply, zerozero, any hint...?
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper