Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Post by jazz.h »

Hi!
I've been experimenting a bit with themes in Mint 13, both from the repositories and gnomelook.org.
Now when I log in I'm reverted to some strange theme and icon set.
When I change window borders in that particular theme and icon set, everything is ok until next login. There is a exclamation mark bellow the active theme and a message about matefaenzadark not properly set... or something. And I do indeed have faenza icons installed, including matefaenzadark subset.
At the same theme another user when logged in is having no problems with the same theme/icon set configuration.
I suppose it's some kind of permittions problem, I even deleted most of the previously installed themes, but manually I couldn't find anywhere matefaenzadark file, nor in "/home/.local/.themes/" nor in "/usr/themes/" directories...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 13 MATE theme settings unchanged

Post by jazz.h »

Now I know a bit more...
It's definitively with my 1st user (creted during installation) rights. After login I set a desired theme, window borders, colors, icons, logout then login again - and theme is not remembered.
Then, just to be sure, I created another user, loged in, setup theme, logout then login again - everything is OK.
Maybe it has something to do with my restored home dir from backup...?
Anyone? I could eventually migrate to a new user but it would take me a lot of time...
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

jazz.h wrote:Maybe it has something to do with my restored home dir from backup...?
almost certainly. this home used to belong to which distro/edition/DE before?
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jazz.h »

It used to belong to Linux Mint 14 MATE, although same username is being used.
I gave up on Mint 14 MATE after problems with heating ->http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=131574

Thx for reply, zerozero, any hint...?

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”