Logitech Mouse Dissapearing Shennanigans

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jasonsandeman

Logitech Mouse Dissapearing Shennanigans

Post by jasonsandeman »

I love the startings of Mint. I dream to make it my go-to distro going forward. I even plan to get it up and running on the Mother in Law-s computers and rid myself of Windows and the nag screens forever. There is a hitch though, so far it's a deal breaker. It seems to have crept up recently. I had much the same issue with Ubuntu at first installation and that's the reason I didn't go ahead and install Ubuntu.

I am using a Logitech cordless mouse M305 and I am finding that as I am using it, the pointer will dissapear to the bottom right hand of my second dual screen. As you can imagine, it makes using my mouse an impossibility.

I have confirmed this isn't just a problem with the mouse, as I switched to 2 other logitech cordless mice and found the exact same problem. I've recharged the batteries. I guess I could go buy a new mouse with a cord, but given that it is doing it on 3 devices, it suggests to me maybe this is a driver issue somewhere?

Specs is per inxi:
Running Mint 14 with Dual Monitors
Nividia GT 8600

CPU~Dual core AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (-MCP-) clocked at 1000.000 Mhz Kernel~3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 Up~27 min Mem~950.1/7986.1MB HDD~1820.4GB(12.8% used) Procs~163 Client~Shell inxi~1.8.4
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Logitech Mouse Dissapearing Shennanigans

Post by Orbmiser »

Code: Select all

Nividia GT 8600 
My guess is a graphic drivers issue and dual not quite setup right.
Running propitiatory drivers or default open drivers?
jasonsandeman

Post by jasonsandeman »

I am running the proprietary drivers from NVidia. I had to work a bit to get the dual screen working including using nividia-xconfig and the restarting the x server a couple times.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep that would be my guess. And the area to look into.
Also would do some searching or posting on the Ubuntu forums for additional help.

As I am using the logitech M510 fine with the open default drivers.
Without issues on my old Ati 4350 on Dual 22" displays.

Return to “Beginner Questions”