Google search brings up command box

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Google search brings up command box

Postby homerscousin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

This first happened about 2 weeks ago and only 4 times and only on Google search at Google.com. I type in a search phrase and go about searching as normal. I decide I need to change a word or 2 in my phrase. I position the cursor in the text box, delete the unwanted word and start to type a new one. When I start typing, the command box ( alt + f2 ) pops up and the text is entered there instead. It doesn't do this all the time and I catch it when I proofread. It is just very strange. Is it my machine or is Google having fun with code?
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.
homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Google search brings up command box

Postby homerscousin on Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 am

Google actualy has been making some changes, like the search preview is gone. They impleminted this about the time I saw the strange behavior. Coincedence? Hasn't happened in over a week so this is filed in the unknown bin.
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.
homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Return to KDE