Cinnamon breakage (nightlies)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
d00med

Cinnamon breakage (nightlies)

Post by d00med »

Just updated to the Cinnamon nightlies and Cinnamon no longer functions.

Here's the output of Cinnamon --replace

Code: Select all

JS LOG: About to start Cinnamon
Window manager warning: Log level 16: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject
Window manager warning: Log level 16: Error registering polkit authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject (polkit-error-quark 0)
      JS LOG: Cinnamon started at Wed Apr 24 2013 07:47:56 GMT-0500 (CDT)

(cinnamon:6424): Clutter-WARNING **: Attempting to add actor of type 'StLabel' to a container of type 'StBoxLayout', but the actor has already a parent of type 'StBoxLayout'.
      JS LOG: network applet: Cannot find connection for active (or connection cannot be read)

(cinnamon:6424): St-WARNING **: Ignoring length property that isn't a number

(cinnamon:6424): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_actor_remove_child: assertion `child->priv->parent == self' failed
Clutter:ERROR:./clutter-actor.c:5759:clutter_actor_dispose: assertion failed: (priv->parent == NULL)
Aborted (core dumped)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
d00med

Re: Cinnamon breakage (nightlies)

Post by d00med »

I can create a new user and use Cinnamon, but it crashes with my account, so maybe I can delete a config in my home folder to fix this?

Edit: It was self correcting with the next nightly update.
d00med

Post by d00med »

Cinnamon is back to being completely snakebit. Again. I'm getting the freezing bug again and it's the same on all my computers with Mint 14. I've reinstalled Mint so many times in the last two or so months that I've lost count. Cannot take it anymore, it's past time to switch distros.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

d00med wrote:Cinnamon is back to being completely snakebit. Again. I'm getting the freezing bug again and it's the same on all my computers with Mint 14. I've reinstalled Mint so many times in the last two or so months that I've lost count. Cannot take it anymore, it's past time to switch distros.
This PPA contains nightly builds for the Cinnamon desktop environment.
/!\ WARNING : Nightly builds are unstable, use only for debugging purposes /!\
What on earth did you expect?

Unbelievable.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
d00med

Post by d00med »

catweazel wrote:
d00med wrote:Cinnamon is back to being completely snakebit. Again. I'm getting the freezing bug again and it's the same on all my computers with Mint 14. I've reinstalled Mint so many times in the last two or so months that I've lost count. Cannot take it anymore, it's past time to switch distros.
This PPA contains nightly builds for the Cinnamon desktop environment.
/!\ WARNING : Nightly builds are unstable, use only for debugging purposes /!\
What on earth did you expect?

Unbelievable.
That's fair, and I came here hoping to delete this thread as I don't like to get negative like this, but I'm having life issues and it's getting the better of me. Apologies to the hard working Mint team.

The Cinnamon freeze bug is a separate issue from using Cinnamon nightlies though. It was thought to be graphics card related but I'm pretty sure that's been ruled out. It's unresolved at this point and no one seems to know the cause.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

d00med wrote:That's fair, and I came here hoping to delete this thread as I don't like to get negative like this, but I'm having life issues and it's getting the better of me. Apologies to the hard working Mint team.
<off topic>
I'm sorry to hear that, but look on the bright side. AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T SHOUT!!!!!

:mrgreen:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
d00med

Post by d00med »

catweazel wrote:
d00med wrote:That's fair, and I came here hoping to delete this thread as I don't like to get negative like this, but I'm having life issues and it's getting the better of me. Apologies to the hard working Mint team.
<off topic>
I'm sorry to hear that, but look on the bright side. AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T SHOUT!!!!!

:mrgreen:
Aw yeah! :D I have zen-like control of my caps lock finger.

Return to “LMDE Archive”