Unable to print on a fresh install of LMDE 201303

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jordi Sayol

Unable to print on a fresh install of LMDE 201303

Post by Jordi Sayol »

After a fresh install of LMDE (dvd image 201303 MATE 64-bit), I'm unable to pint on my usb "Okipage 14e" using driver "Oki Okipage 14ex Foomatic/ljet4". I also cannot print to PDF after install cups-pdf.

The error message on printing administrator is: "/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed". Here is the full cups error_log http://paste.debian.net/249495/

This only happens on a LMDE fresh install, and there's no problem printing on an upgraded LMDE, Linux Mint 14 and all the other Linux that I've tested with the exactly same configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dclement

Re: Unable to print on a fresh install of LMDE 201303

Post by dclement »

Hi,

I'm having this issue, but running the updates did not solve anything in my case.

Would you mind to explain exactly what upgrades you made?

TIA - regards, Daniel
Jordi Sayol

Post by Jordi Sayol »

With "upgraded" I mean install LMDE 201204, install the printer and then upgrade to Update Pack 6.
dclement

Post by dclement »

Thank you for replying, Jordi. But I'm afraid I won't be able to follow the same path as you.

Because if I try and boot LMDE 201204 on the targeted laptop, I get the "shifted screen" syndrome, which is discussed in other posts, and I didn't dare go past the live session.

However, isn't that a bit complicated? Something seems to have gone wrong with printing in LMDE. I think I'll start a new thread, hopefully some guru will come up with a solution.

BR - Daniel

Return to “Printers & Scanners”