What can we say from that ?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Otyugh

What can we say from that ?

Post by Otyugh »

me$ inxi -Gx
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA Device 11c6 bus-ID: 01:00.0
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) FAILED: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 310.14) Direct Rendering: No
Why is there a big FAILED ? How can i change that ? :o
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: What can we say from that ?

Post by Orbmiser »

Otyugh wrote:me$ inxi -Gx
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA Device 11c6 bus-ID: 01:00.0
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) FAILED: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 310.14) Direct Rendering: No
Why is there a big FAILED ? How can i change that ? :o
It is telling you that you do not have the proper video graphics driver installed for optimal use.

Code: Select all

Direct Rendering: No
Means it using the cpu to do all the graphics stuff which means a slow desktop and Cpu pegged out 100% use all the time.
You need to find the right drivers to install for your card. Depends on what distro you are using? Cinnamon,Mate,KDE,Xfce?

But in Cinnamon there is an additional drivers tabs to check if there is a driver available for yours.
Someone can chime in how to find that on Cinnamon as using KDE myself.

Also will get more responses with a more descriptive title than a vague "What can we say from that ?".
Many won't waste the time looking at thread. And always add all the info system used Distro used,etc...
Otyugh

Post by Otyugh »

Sorry, sorry. I didn't made any speech because I posted several of my issues on this forum (with the speech), and I'll admit that having a response is something special ^^
So I considered that and "maybe being short is the best !".

I'm actually on OpenBox and my CPU is using 1% of the CPU to Xorg. Maybe it's just that.
This is quite strange considering I'm actually playing at some video games with alot of 3D effect in them without any problem ^^
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Sorry newbie myself and far as I can go.
Maybe someone with more expertise will chime in and help you out.
Otyugh

Post by Otyugh »

Fixed following http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=129442 (actual inxi -Gx :
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA Device 11c6 bus-ID: 01:00.0 X.Org: 1.13.2.902 driver: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 310.44 Direct Rendering: Yes
)

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”