Mint Demo Interface - Wish list

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anandrkris

Mint Demo Interface - Wish list

Post by anandrkris »

http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/ The site looks cool. How i wish Mint has a similar demo for new users to get a feel of the system!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint Demo Interface - Wish list

Post by excollier »

I think having a superior :wink: distro is sufficient, no need for all that glitz.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Hmm...Tend to agree - selling is superfluous, they say. But this will help users to get a feel of the system before installation and overcome the initial inertia of downloading entire OS.

Or can we a live test demo servers which allows guest login and give Mint a try?
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

Cost issue as much as anything. That money could, perhaps, be better spent on development or maintenance.
A well developed OS will catch on by reputation.
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

More new users would more donations and more sponsors. :) Yeah, I agree on cost but we have the likes of Kickstarters for funding, so if it is backed by people, i suppose Mint could do it.
sujitnag

Post by sujitnag »

Most of the user use LM.
why?
easy to install (webi)
easy to use.

compare ubuntu......

I used ubuntu for more then 3 month and switch to MInt more then 1 and 1/2 years and still now.
why.........
work on ubuntu is not easy. specially I found dependency issue for installing new s/w.

I think we need to set priority,
user experience is most importance.
after reaching predefined benchmark we may move other area.
obviously admin set this benchmark.
SurfaceUnits

Post by SurfaceUnits »

MAn that is awesome, I can't believe I'm stil lusing Windows 95

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

anandrkris wrote:http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/ The site looks cool. How i wish Mint has a similar demo for new users to get a feel of the system!
There's nothing stopping you doing it yourself. I'm sure if you came up with something as clean and slick that the Mint devs would put it up without hesitation. Such is the nature of open source.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

catweazel wrote:
anandrkris wrote:http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/ The site looks cool. How i wish Mint has a similar demo for new users to get a feel of the system!
There's nothing stopping you doing it yourself. I'm sure if you came up with something as clean and slick that the Mint devs would put it up without hesitation. Such is the nature of open source.
How I wish i could do it! I am not a programmer, my highest achievement in coding is compiling helloworld.c :wink: . I am pure desktop user!
I hope i can give ideas even if i can not implement them on my own.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”