High CPU load during mounting of USB devices

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

High CPU load during mounting of USB devices

Postby Sabre1704 on Thu May 02, 2013 5:15 am

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with a quite odd problem and I just can't pinpoint it any further. Therefore I thought I post it here to see if anyone experiences the same issue or even has a solution for it.

I have the Cinnamon flavor of LMDE 201204 (64bit) with Update Pack 6 installed on two laptops (Fujitsu Siemens A3667 and lenovo ThinkPad T61).

If I now insert any USB-Stick, the CPU load for the "Cinnamon" process goes up to 99,some percent which leaves the desktop unusable for some time.

Furthermore the duration of the high CPU load is dependent on the amount of entries in the /etc/fstab file.

I can also verify that this behavior even exists in a fresh install of LMDE 201303.

Funny enough the problem doesn't show on a lenovo t500 with LMDE 201204 (64bit) with Update Pack 6 nor with LM 14 (Cinnamon) on the same two machines (A3667 / T61)

Anny suggestions on how to pinpoint this any further?

Cheers
Sabre
Sabre1704
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions