Need to know

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jordan Downing

Need to know

Post by Jordan Downing »

any tips for a old windows but now Linux user. I liked windows 7 but I like mint14 way more I just need some pro advice for all of it. I just want to know about what I am using :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Need to know

Post by catweazel »

"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Jordan Downing

Post by Jordan Downing »

Got any terminal advice,good software,and just how to use it the right way.i dont want to remove some file and just crash my OK system.@the time not to good at programing yet but trying so i cant fix what i might break,on Windows there were programs to fix it for the people that use that OS,i dont know if there is a kinda program like that for linux mint,so just any more INFO would be helpful.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Who knows what you might break? Or how you might break it? Your scope is very wide and could result in a tome bigger than the Epic of Gilgamesh. I can only recommend that you research and read. Following posts in the forum is always a good place to start.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Jordan Downing

Post by Jordan Downing »

yes that sounds like a good idea thank you for your time :D
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

Breaking stuff and reinstalling the OS is a good way to learn more about Linux. Most of us have been there and done that. Some of us still do it! :lol: Just remember to back up what's important to you before you experiment. Oh, and reading The Epic of Gilgamesh won't hurt you either. :wink:
Jordan Downing

Post by Jordan Downing »

The Epic of Gilgamesh never heard of that

Return to “Other topics”