Hi from England

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Big.J

Hi from England

Post by Big.J »

Hi everyone. Took some time to become a Mint user as I started evaluating it 2 years ago, but decided on another distro. However, that did not go as smooth as I wished and learned that I really need a LTR version for the family as I have little time to rescue updates that go wrong. So around a month ago, I installed XFCE v13 Maya and so far its great. All hardware works, the install fast (dual boot with xp, I partioned myself prior to install), grub modified with splash screen and made my own mdm theme. Two machines will be dual boot for a bit as the family still has a need for xp, the other with windows ME (against all its critics it has actually been reliable for me but then I never used Norton! :wink: ) will end up sole MINT (or perhaps Crunchbang as well). The forums have been good, found answers to my queries on grub, mdm, users and groups, etc easily but its hard to search for things that have fewer than four characters sometimes.

It will be nice to leave xp behind (I never liked it as I felt the pc was no longer mine, which is why I kept with ME so long!), looking forward to a pc set up how I want it and to support the linux community where I can. So hopefully see around in the xfce forum. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hi from England

Post by catweazel »

Hi, and welcome.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
dieselboyDB

Post by dieselboyDB »

Hello Big.J from another newbie to the Mint community. Trust me the more you use linux and find helpful people in the linux community the more you will enjoy it. Just hang with it...
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums [we dont get many Brits]

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to Mint :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”