Close to getting the network to work

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Caps18

Close to getting the network to work

Post by Caps18 »

But not quite. I now can see both computers in my file manager (I had to add the other computer's user info to a new user on this computer). But, the remote computer won't display the 5 folders I am sharing. It has worked with Windows before, so I don't think anything has changed since then. But now, I get the error message "Sorry, the folder contents could not be displayed." I am able to browse the two folders I have shared on my local computer. Am I missing something easy?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Caps18

Re: Close to getting the network to work

Post by Caps18 »

On the other computer, I was able to make the user account that I use on my laptop, but I had to create a different password (the other computer wouldn't take my simple password). Maybe that is the problem.
Caps18

Post by Caps18 »

It doesn't look like that fixed it.
Caps18

Post by Caps18 »

Logging in as the same user on both computers didn't seem to work either.

Return to “Beginner Questions”