Mint 14 kde crashing on install

Forums for the KDE Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint 14 kde crashing on install

Postby armagedon51 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:23 am

Hello,
no luck with this release. I try the 32 version (checksum pass - disk check pass) on 2 computers and in virtualbox on another. After burning the iso, the live version seems ok but the installer crashes during install on both computers after selecting the destination. On virtualbox (third machine), the installation goes through fine, however I selected the French language, the installer revert to french but after install, all the menus are still in English, is that normal ? Tx
machine 1 - old Pentium 4 - 512 mb ram
machine 2 - modern Athlon II X2 - 2gb ram
armagedon51
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 14 kde crashing on install

Postby armagedon51 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

More testing. I download the 64 bits version. I tried to install it on the recent computer, select French installation , install failed again during files copy.
/target/usr/share/icons/mono/scalable/apps/xmms etc.... bla bla bla
Then tried with the English language. Surprise, it went through fine. But when I reboot, no linux Mint in sight. I select the correct disk in bios still linux wont boot.
This is awful. I did used prior versions of Mint before and like it but this thing is so buggy that I finally gave up on it. Back to Windows 7. Sorry
armagedon51
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 14 kde crashing on install

Postby hal8000 on Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Try removing the sideshow before install, there was a post about this elsewhere on the forum.
Boot from live CD/DVD then

sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint-kde

Then try installing again.
hal8000
Level 4
Level 4

Return to KDE