Re: Photoshop CS 2 won't run in Wine [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dave M G

Re: Photoshop CS 2 won't run in Wine [SOLVED]

Post by Dave M G »

I recently switched from Ubuntu to Linux Mint 14. When I was using Ubuntu, I ran Photoshop CS 2 reliably with Wine, on both my laptop and my desktop computers. Since moving to Mint, unfortunately Photoshop will never open, and I get an error that says "File not found".

I tried re-installing, and also installing into a custom directory, but that hasn't helped. I tried restarting the Wine server with wineserver -k, and rebooting, but neither helped.

I get the same error if I try to run Photoshop.exe from the command line, even if I'm in the directory where the file is and I can see it listed when I run an ls command. So I don't think this is a matter of the Photoshop.exe file not being found, it is some system file or Wine setting.

How can I get past this error and have Photoshop running consistently?

Thanks for any advice or help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: Photoshop CS 2 won't run in Wine

Post by passerby »

Have you considered using playonlinux? It has an install script for CS2 that works a treat.
Dave M G

Re: Photoshop CS 2 won't run in Wine [SOLUTION]

Post by Dave M G »

Have you considered using playonlinux? It has an install script for CS2 that works a treat.
I had never heard of Play On Linux before this, but I just installed it, and it seems to have got Photoshop up and running. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Software & Applications”