Dragon Age Origins - orange characters? (RESOLVED)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rimbaum

Dragon Age Origins - orange characters? (RESOLVED)

Post by rimbaum »

So, after some effort, I got Dragon Age: Origins working. I managed to piece together what all wasn't working, and finally got it past the installation and loading screen crashes. But now, I've run into a very interesting effect: My party characters are orange. Is this similar to or caused by the same bug as the one that causes black flickering? If it's not, does anyone have suggestions for how to fix this? All the other textures seem to be showing up fine, it's just my characters.

I am running Nadia with MATE, 2.5GHz Intel i3 processor, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics. If you need any other specs, just let me know and I'll find them for you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Dragon Age Origins - orange characters?

Post by xenopeek »

Weird, the helm and gear on their back is textured. But cool, lava armor! Eh :( Are you running this natively or in Wine?

I've had somewhat similar issue with Torchlight on Intel HD Graphics--where if I equipped armor it would stop rendering the character's head and hands.
rimbaum

Post by rimbaum »

I'm running it in Wine. I didn't think Dragon Age had a linux port? Anyways, the effect is there when I go to make a new character, too. The body and face texture won't show, but the hair will.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I'm not familiar with the game. Just asking you to add some specifics so others here might possibly help you.

Best bet might be to check Wine's AppDB for tips: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=10457
rimbaum

Post by rimbaum »

Trying out Mint 15 RC, and apparently the updated kernel fixes this!

Interesting thing to note, and it might be helpful for other people who find a similar problem.

Return to “Gaming”