Removal of Screensavers and Wallpapers

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Removal of Screensavers and Wallpapers

Post by Husse »

I like your signature :)
but I can't figure out what you are asking for :shock:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Andy Mack

Post by Andy Mack »

Check out System/Administration/System Monitor from there you can see what is using most of your memory.

Compiz is great and all but getting rid of it will make a huge difference.
You can disable services and boot up apps in sessions which will also speed things up.
And of course more ram will help too but not always possible.

As far as wallpapers go I dont think it has as much impact on usage as it does in windows but I could be wrong.
Screensavers are sleeping when not in use and as of now on my comp only use 964.0KB of ram.

Google for something like "speed up ubuntu" will show you further ways but BE CAREFUL.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install sysv-rc-conf
Deactivate services you don't need, but be careful so you don't deactivate some essential services or something :)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

Return to “Beginner Questions”