Banshee problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Betwixt
Level 2
Level 2

Banshee problem

Post by Betwixt »

On two separate computers with Mint 14 Mate I found Banshee failed to read the track information from a CD - and I tried several that were OK on Win 7. In all cases the error message 'Could not fetch track information' was displayed. I installed Rythm Box only to find the same problem. If I copy over a ripped CD file from Win 7 the recorded track information is diplayed.

I cannot now be sure but I believe this has arisen since moving to Mint 14.

Answers, anyone, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bjornmu
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Banshee problem

Post by bjornmu »

So it could copy the tracks but not get the titles etc? I had the same problem a few times recently when I copied 50+ CD's, I simply had to try again until suddenly it worked.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Banshee problem

Post by mintymintminty »

Its not just a Banshee problem and Its been happening to me for the last few flavours of Linux whether that be Ubuntu or Mint, So I decided to backup all my music onto my MP3 then I transferred all my music from MP3 to Music folder In Mint, then I opened up banshee player and asked It to rescan the library. It not only added all my music nicely to the player Itself but It also fetched a lot of the ( Artwork ) not all but most.

I would recommend you transfer all your music to an MP3 player then from there to your Linux mint music folder. Open up banshee hit tools tab and ask It to rescan music library and you should see massive improvement, not only that but much easier and quicker than ripping from a CD

Return to “Software & Applications”