Fake Windows support calling the wrong guy!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Fake Windows support calling the wrong guy!

Post by dagon »

Totally awesome! This is the second time a Microsoft Support scammer calls me within two days.
Since I've got experience from both call centers and also have done some acting I'm well suited to handle one of these guys. For instance, yesterdays caller got the scolding of a lifetime the end of the treat sounding something like:

- ... (yelling-on-the-top-of-my-loungs) O no young man, I'm not finished with you. DON'T YOU DARE HANG UP ON ME!!! :twisted:

Today I could just hold out for some ten minutes by playing totally computer illiterate:
- (Almost unintelligible English) Hello sir good day to you I'm calling from Microsoft Support your computer is sending us messages, blah, blah...
please turn your computer on.

[troll] :D

-OK, I'm turning it on now. (long silence)
-Is it on now?
-Eh? No, it's slow today. (long silence)
-Is it on now?
-No. (long silence)
-Is it on now?
-Yes, now it's on.
-Do you see the control button. It's in the left bottom of the keyboard.
-(A bit too long search time/silence) Eh, yes.
-To the right of that one is a four windows button.
-There's only one windows button.

-(reading from a lousy script) When you go online your computer downloads a malignant app. (hard to tell what he said)
- What? Can you please repeat that?
-When you go online your computer downloads a malignant app.
-What do you mean my computer is molesting you?

I finally got connected to his boss who presented himself as a Microsoft Senior blah, blah whatever and i wished him an unpleasant day.

[/troll]

There's no spam like phone spam. I'll try and record a call in the future if I get the chance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ju ... ll-centres
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
samriggs

Re: Fake Windows support calling the wrong guy!

Post by samriggs »

:lol: priceless
My mother had a windows scammer call her the first time she hung up on them (I have linux installed on her system of course), she asked me what to do next time, because these guys were doing it around town asking for credit cards because your computer has worms, viruses asked for access etc, the same old scam.
I also used to be a supervisor and trainer at a call center (horrible job but it paid the bills at the time), so I coached her what to say and of course they called again (mind you shes in her late 70's) all the more convincing, she lead them on to a point then told them how do you know I have viruses and worms? they babbled off some mumble jumble crap led them on a bit more to where they almost had her convinced (in their mind) to gain access and hand over a credit card so they can clear it out ( :lol: ya right) then she told them I'm on linux, your lying , no mame your not on linux, she did good for a woman in her 70's who was computer illiterate a couple of years ago, started telling them oh yes I am I'm on xubuntu a run off of ubuntu with xfce and started going into it with them from there, I have no viruses, no worms, I don't even bother scanning but maybe once a year and if you were a tech support you would know this, she blasted them and wouldn't let them off the phone, :lol: she kept going on and on and on, I had a good laugh over that one and was quite proud of my mother, they finally hung up on her. I got her on xubuntu she likes xfce and the way it works so when she finally gets tired of it over to mint I will bring her :D she even fixed a grub issue all herself, 8) Momma linux
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

samriggs wrote:mind you shes in her late 70's
Your mom rocks!
Maybe we could let her loose on the bug tracker?
You could just discretely "forget" a copy of "The C Programming Language" by her computer and just wait and see what happens?
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

:lol: ok that one got me laughing a lot
actually for a first time programming language it would probably be the best with the lateral instead of C++, some folks understand it better then C++
I really got to relearn C again, it's been years, might pick up python also, seems a fairly easy one to learn.
Knowing the Ma she probably check it out when she got bored, maybe I should :lol:
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

:arrow: priceless
+1
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Open Chat”