Mint 14 kde audacious playlist distorted

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frisil
Level 3
Level 3

Mint 14 kde audacious playlist distorted

Post by frisil »

Hi,
when using audacious in gtk mode things get strange. Everything works fine until I close audacious and start it again (e.g. after a shutdown): the old playlist is loaded, but the display goes kind of haywire. Some songs appear twice in the onscreen list and when I mouse over the doubles they disappear, there seems to be a difference between what is displayed on screen and what actually is in the playlist. As a result, I cannot chose a specific song by double clicking on it because I always get another one. This only happens after audacious restored the previous playlist it used when it was shut down, starting with a new list works fine (until closed and re-opened, that is). This also only happens when using gtk-mode, using old winamp skins works well, but gtk.mode is much more comfortable due to tabbed playlist and it looks a lot better, but sadly is unusable for me because of this problem.

I post this under kde because it only seems to happen with Mint 14 kde, I experienced this with three different machines using kde while another one set up with mate works well. Any idea what this is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hal8000
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 14 kde audacious playlist distorted

Post by hal8000 »

I've not had this problem myself but take a look at

system settings, application appearance, GTK configuration.

Here you can change font for GTK apps, not sure if it will help.
frisil
Level 3
Level 3

Post by frisil »

I don't think I'll mess with that because all other GTK apps work quite well and look fine. The problem is definetely in audacious. When it happens, I can go to file>settings>playlist and change anything there and it's gone, all works well. Only if I close the program and restart it, the playlist is messed up again. Of course, I don't want to go to the settings menu and make some random changes to playlist every time I start audacious.

It seems something goes haywire with the playlist display when the program starts and it's fixed if changes are made and the playlist display is updated or redrawn. One more unusual thing: Track numbers are never displayed, no matter if I turn it on or off in the settings menu.
hal8000
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hal8000 »

Just tried the playlist and yes its distorted the fonts as mine.

As a workaround, press ALT+E to bring up playlist editor. Add as many tracks as you like with
+File button. They will then play in order or use mouse or keyboard to play from a particular track.
They still play if you close playlist editor.

Attaching a screenshot
frisil
Level 3
Level 3

Post by frisil »

Alt-E doesn't open any playlist editor in my version. In GTK mode, it opens the "add cd" menu and in winamp mode it shows/hides the playlist.

Return to “Software & Applications”