Linux Mint 15 Approved for RC Release

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Linux Mint 15 Approved for RC Release

Post by tdockery97 »

The release candidate builds for the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Cinnamon and MATE have been approved for RC Release. :D

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint 15 Approved for RC Release

Post by xenopeek »

It will take another two days for the mirrors to synchronize. Please be patient for that. Clem will post availability of the RC on the blog (http://blog.linuxmint.com/) as soon as the mirrors are all synchronized. Also, any currently known issues with the RC will be noted on the announcement--so you know what to expect and don't need to report them again.

But good news, and I'm eager for Wednesday :)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

You have more patience than me. :lol: :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

too funny, td :lol:

i really love my ubuntu 13.04 but i definitely want to check out mint's spin on it...should be very interesting :wink:
I had a feeling it would be coming up this week and i was figuring around wednesday or thursday, so looks like that will be the case...
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Running the Cinnamon 64 bit live DVD now. So far it is sweeeeet! It has picked up all the good improvements in Raring. System settings has been combined into one control center rather than having separate centers for Cinnamon and System Settings. Nice. Ability to completely disable touchpad is included. The new Linux mint 3.8.0-19-generic kernel allows brightness controls to work without having to install proprietary ATI drivers. Nemo is 1.8.1.

Time to give it a good run-through and then install it to metal. :wink:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
roseysdaddy

Post by roseysdaddy »

well where'd you get it from?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

General availability is from tomorrow, on a mirror near you (it's currently being sent to all mirror servers). Will be announced on the blog (http://blog.linuxmint.com/), including detail of any known issues you should be aware of.
wolfyrion

Post by wolfyrion »

so if I download from these mirrors should be fine ?

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint.com/testing/
http://mirror.yandex.ru/linuxmint/testing/

The releases on May 09 2013....

Also I wonder if I use the RC release do I have to format/reinstall to final version or should be upgraded by itself from repository when final its available?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

wolfyrion, those kind of questions will be answered on the announcement, expected tomorrow :wink:
Brahim Salem

Where is Linux Mint 15 RC!!!!!!!

Post by Brahim Salem »

Why isn't Linux Mint 15 RC released yet??? :roll: :roll:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Where is Linux Mint 15 RC!!!!!!!

Post by xenopeek »

How do you mean why? How long have you been using Linux Mint that you haven't yet heard "we release when ready" :) But okay... On Monday Clem targeted tomorrow as the day for RC announcement. It's currently in process of being copied to all the mirrors, which takes a few days.

And same topic, so merged here.
Brahim Salem

Re: Where is Linux Mint 15 RC!!!!!!!

Post by Brahim Salem »

xenopeek wrote:How do you mean why? How long have you been using Linux Mint that you haven't yet heard "we release when ready" :) But okay... On Monday Clem targeted tomorrow as the day for RC announcement. It's currently in process of being copied to all the mirrors.

And same topic, so merged here.
I have been using Mint for 3 years now and the RC is usually released around the 13th of the month following Ubuntu release :D :D Good news I've tested Mate 1.6 on UBuntu 13.04 and compiz is runnig like a charm on it, couldn't install Mintmenu and mate-netspeed though but anyway I'm ditching it when Mint Olivia is out :lol: :lol: This Ubuntu is a headache. I had to configure everything myself and That's a total mess :D BTW does Olivia include the same Kernel version of Raring Ringtail? I have a BIOS probhlem on my dell inspiron i3 andf it kept hanging at grub and when i run a diagnostic test it says ' interval timer not functional.. bla bla bla" and Ubuntu 13.04 kernel is just right for it! Anyway I'm not going to hop distros anymore if Mint 15 solves thios issue :D :D
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Thanks man you can get it here too http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php
godsotherhand

Post by godsotherhand »

Lol, too bad that mintinstall locksup (splashscreen for 30 minutes now) and after upgrading the sistem wont boot... ( doing dist-upgrade and it gives me the EFI kernel even tho i dont need that. Then, it wont boot with that kernel (kernel panic). If i select the old normal kernel, i get other error, this time in green text (weird green text) telling me that it will be fixed with a reboot... lies! ).

Nice release tho, reinstalled it now and NOT doing update :D everything else seems to work just fine (except weatker applet, but that's extra stuff), it all starts up in a second! (still dont understand why google's chrome isnt in the repo :( chromium will do it for now, dont wanna mess with stuff and kill it again)
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Please do not download the isos in the mirrors until official announcement
http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2013/05/g ... -us-a-bit/
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

godsotherhand wrote:Lol, too bad that mintinstall locksup (splashscreen for 30 minutes now) and after upgrading the sistem wont boot... ( doing dist-upgrade and it gives me the EFI kernel even tho i dont need that. Then, it wont boot with that kernel (kernel panic). If i select the old normal kernel, i get other error, this time in green text (weird green text) telling me that it will be fixed with a reboot... lies! ).

Nice release tho, reinstalled it now and NOT doing update :D everything else seems to work just fine (except weatker applet, but that's extra stuff), it all starts up in a second! (still dont understand why google's chrome isnt in the repo :( chromium will do it for now, dont wanna mess with stuff and kill it again)
How does the new splash look like :D :D Is it green? :D The old one looks silly and old :lol: I hope they will change it on Mint 15 :D
godsotherhand

Post by godsotherhand »

ty zerozero. I downloaded it knowing that something wont work, and prepared to reinstall it.

After reading your link, i still dont see why mintinstall locks up after fresh install...

btw, Brahim , the splashscreen in 14 looks nice, but when you install the nvidia - drivers (the closed source ones) it changes to a fallback of some sort.. dunno why, but this happens with mint15 too.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Try this fix http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1149 or try to fix it withgrub customizer by adjusting the screen resolution :D

Are you saying it's the same ala the Ring dull splash!! no way :D Thought that Mint 15 is a revolution :( :( :( :(
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

godsotherhand wrote:( doing dist-upgrade and it gives me the EFI kernel even tho i dont need that. Then, it wont boot with that kernel (kernel panic). If i select the old normal kernel, i get other error, this time in green text (weird green text) telling me that it will be fixed with a reboot... lies! ).
Keep in mind that Linux Mint is designed to NOT do dist-upgrade. That's why the default setting on the Update Manager is set to levels 1-3. Bringing in a newer kernel can cause instability and eat your hamster.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”