login picture

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Vantucky

login picture

Post by Vantucky »

As a Newby I would like to know how to put a picture in the square next to my name on the login window. Can some one help? I know how to change the background, but don't know how to put a picture next to my name. I'm using LMDE 201303 Mate 1.4 and the log in window is Arc-Wise-Userlist.
Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anjp

Re: login picture

Post by anjp »

I think you should be able to do this under your User Account Settings. For me (in Cinnamon) it's under Menu > System Tools > System Settings > User Accounts. From that page I can select the user image icon and pick a new one/browse for a custom one.
Vantucky

Post by Vantucky »

Thank you, now all I have to do is find User Accounts or its equivalent in Mate. I went to System>Administration>Login Window>Users>Default Face and thought I had it, but didn't. I'm obviously not doing something right. Thanks again.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

MATE 1.4 doesn't have a user accounts equivalent I think. My workaround is here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 36#p582888
andy chung

Post by andy chung »

i am using nadia cinnamon. I changed the picture to a custom one in system settings -> user account.
but the picture does not show in login window (arc-wise-userlist). it still shows the stock picutre.
what did i miss? tks
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

xenopeek gave the answer above your post, click on the link and read it, it's pretty simple to do, just save the image in the home folder call it .face it should pick it up automatically.
Sam

Return to “LMDE Archive”