New default splash screen for Linux Mint

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Brahim Salem

New default splash screen for Linux Mint

Post by Brahim Salem »

I suggest a new plymouth theme for Linux Mint. I recommend a green (e.g.Olivedrab3) fullscreen splash screen with Mint official colours. I also suggest that the login and logout animations should be different like in Mac and Windows, something like welcome and goodbye. This should establish a sense of graphical communication and responsiveness between the user and his machine.
Brahim Salem

Mint dev. team don't forget to change the old splash screen!

Post by Brahim Salem »

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease change that ugly black scary messy old splash screen :lol: We want a new one a green one :lol: Even "Microslop frigging Windblows" changes its splash screen on each release :D I consider that old splash a big bug in Mint that is not fixed yet. If you don't have one here is one http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ev ... 937a25f242
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: New default splash screen for Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

Same topic, so moved and merged here.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Did I do it before !!!

That splash screen is getting on my nerves though :roll: bad and ugly man :shock:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

:lol: :lol:
man you really got a pet peeve with this one Brahim
Here food for thought, make a complete theme all the way through,
splash screen (plymouth), mdm animated, and cinnamon/gtk/metacity all to match along with a cool looking icon set to match with wallpaper or screensaver if that gets implemented into html5 down the road..
To do this for everyone would be impossible because it would just take up way to much time, especially an icon package (mostly svg stuff) but it can be done :D
This is what I plan on doing if I ever make up my mind on what I want, so far in years of doing this stuff I have never come to a final conclusion on what I want :lol: :lol:
Which is why I probably make so many, I just can't make up my mind on what I want.
But you have the technology, you can build it bigger, better, go where no plymouth theme has gone before, and carry it on through to the rest of it.
If I ever get around to making my full theme, it's gona be in black and blue, the wife's will be in grey and pink with space stuff.
One year I'll do it :lol:
But you can change yours :D
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

:lol: :lol: I will keep buzing their head with it till they implement this :lol: I think it should be a light green one :D I think you can make the best splash Sam. Ask them to delay the release so you can mke one for Mint 15 :D When introducing new users to Mint, I usually get bad remarks about this ugly splash. It scares them off man believe me :lol: Maybe you should back your sleaves man and make us one in these few days. How is that :D
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Brahim wrote::lol: :lol: I will keep buzing their head with it till they implement this :lol: I think it should be a light green one :D I think you can make the best splash Sam. Ask them to delay the release so you can mke one for Mint 15 :D When introducing new users to Mint, I usually get bad remarks about this ugly splash. It scares them off man believe me :lol: Maybe you should back your sleaves man and make us one in these few days. How is that :D
Naw not me, to busy with other stuff, there's enough artist out there that can do it, plus I wouldn't ask for a delay on a release for a splash page when everyone can make there own instead in any color they want it to be, plus I wouldn't want a crate full of rotten tomatoes tossed at me from those waiting desperate for this release :lol:
I can see it now :evil: "It got with held because of what??????????????????" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Naw that won't happen :lol:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I'd be the first one to throw tomatoes at you if you delay the release :lol: :lol: I was just trying to push you. Can't wait for My beloved Olivia :lol: :lol:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”