Volume control issue, HELP LINUX MAN!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psychology67

Volume control issue, HELP LINUX MAN!

Post by psychology67 »

So i'm on a laptop, and I have a volume slider touch strip, it works great on windows 7 (don't flame me just stating its not the hardware). But here on linux mint 14 KDE i have 17 volume notches, and only the top 5 produce sound, at about 60% or so it sounds like it's just muted. So pretty much i have supper quiet, quiet, loud or supper loud. I want volume control back >< help please <3
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
psychology67

Re: Volume interface weird....

Post by psychology67 »

bump
psychology67

Re: BOOBIES!!

Post by psychology67 »

Bump
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Volume interface weird....

Post by karlchen »

Hello, psycology67.

Offtopic: Why did you choose such a foolish thread title like "Boobies!!". Made me take you for a spammer advertising some adult videos at first.

About the "Volume interface weird....", I wonder what may be so weird about it? See the screenshot, please. Sorry it is in German, weird language maybe, but the volume slider is pretty straight forward. Little speaker symbol near the time date/time. Click. Volume slider opens. See the mouse pointer. "Lautstärke" means "Volume" in English.
This is on Mint 14 Cinnamon desktop. Similar volume slider exists on Mint 14 xfce desktop as well.

(Mint 14 Cinnamon volume slider)

Kind regards,
Karl
Last edited by karlchen on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced locally stored screenshot by link to screenshot uploaded on imgur.com
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
psychology67

Re: BOOBIES!!

Post by psychology67 »

Thats not the issue..when I put the volume slider to 60% the speakers don't make a sound. So I only have a 5 notches to control volume instead of the 17 apparent notches in this UI. Im running 32bit gnome mint 14 btw. (Sorry if im seaming rude, im not trying to be in anyway at all and appreciate the help <3)
psychology67

Re: Volume control issue, HELP LINUX MAN!

Post by psychology67 »

bump
psychology67

Post by psychology67 »

bump
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Please post your laptop model details, any screenshots (you can use imageshack.us), any additional details.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fx
- paste output of above command from terminal.

P.S. I know it could be frustrating to be stuck with a problem and receive no response but remember that support on MInt is free and members invest their free time (most of us have full-time jobs to take care of )in supporting forums out of their own passion for GNU / Linux and FOSS ecosystem.
Hence be patient and try not to complain. :)
Fixitmanarizona
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fixitmanarizona »

Have you tried a different volume control slider application like Volti?
It's pretty simple and runs straight off the base Alsa instead of Pulseaudio, I know a lot of distros have had problems with Pulse. I'm a simple man, I like the simpler control.
Also, you might just need to reconfigure your audio settings with dpkg, see Piggy's reply to walrus_J here on this forum. Otherwise, proceed with the dialog with annandrkris on this.
Fixitman.

Return to “Sound”