Problems with The Gimp

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Problems with The Gimp

Post by T J Tulley »

I find tools et c. in The Gimp far from intuitive! I have printed the Gimp manual from the command line, and also viewed the large User Manual in the Website. I can't find answers to these problems, notwithstanding the apparently helpful "Gimplite Quickies".

I have edited an image (jpeg) in Gimp to a print size which will fit into A4 (both height & width) and saved it. Then I open it with Image Viewer and click File/Print, and then on the cups screen select Preview. Preview opens in a screen headed: "PreviewQ7SY9T.pdf" and shows image too wide for page.

BTW, after some changes in The Gimp, it reports failed to save - something like "too few lines scanned" although an apparently full size file appears in the destination - but won't open. . After other changes it says Export first - then goes on to save.

I shall be grateful for any hints toward progress. At present I feel like a "bear of very little brain" to quote A A Milne.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Yours hopefully -

Theo Tulley.
Using a PC with 2GB RAM, 3 hdds and a 1.7 GHz Celeron cpu.
Fred

Re: Problems with The Gimp

Post by Fred »

T J Tulley,

Sorry, But I can't help you much with gimp. I am not particularly proficient with it myself. I muddle through but that is about it.

Some of the Art team may be able to help you though. Maybe someone will jump in.

Fred

Return to “Software & Applications”