Greetings from Myanmar

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Greetings from Myanmar

Postby mo3gyi on Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm new to Mint as well as linux as I have been using it only about one year. Started with Ubuntu Presice, I lately become a distrohopper because linux has so many choices of distro. I have heard of Mint since the first day I used linux and used Mint at some points of my hopping. (Maya with Cinnamon, Mate & XFCE as well as LMDE Cinnamon Up6)

Among the DEs, my favourite is XFCE and I enjoyed Xubuntu a lot. I used Maya XFCE at some point but I did not find any reason to move from Xubuntu Presice as it was working like a charm and Maya XFCE has some problems FOR ME. (Eg. inability to edit app menu using alacarte which can be done in Xubuntu, double notify osd while changing volume via panel using mouse wheel)

However, I have heard about the fact that Mint devs are always willing to listen to their users and I admire it a lot. Recently, I went to Mint Blog and read comments under new release sections. I was surprised to see Clem responded the comments and feedbacks of users with RESPECT.

That is the main reason I become a fan of Mint. To be honest, I prefer Unity over Cinnamon. I admire Ubuntu for what they have done and what they are trying to do. I still think Xubuntu Presice is MARGINALLY or NEGLIGIBLY better than Maya XFCE (for me). But I am using Maya XFCE because I like Mint devs and Mint community. I feel like I will always be cared. Kudos!
mo3gyi
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Greetings from Myanmar

Postby The-Wizard on Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 pm

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 17-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -mint 17 Xfce dell 1545 mint 17-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
The-Wizard
Level 9
Level 9

Postby overthetop on Tue May 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Welcome to the Mint Forums!

mo3gyi wrote:To be honest, I prefer Unity over Cinnamon. I admire Ubuntu for what they have done and what they are trying to do. I still think Xubuntu Presice is MARGINALLY or NEGLIGIBLY better than Maya XFCE (for me).

You are entitled to your opinion. :D
mo3gyi wrote:However, I have heard about the fact that Mint devs are always willing to listen to their users and I admire it a lot. Recently, I went to Mint Blog and read comments under new release sections. I was surprised to see Clem responded the comments and feedbacks of users with RESPECT... I am using Maya XFCE because I like Mint devs and Mint community. I feel like I will always be cared.

That is what makes Mint such a great os.

Enjoy your stay! :P
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee
overthetop
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Adelante on Tue May 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi, mo3gyi :D
Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon
Adelante
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jesica on Wed May 22, 2013 2:49 am

Good day

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

My Linux Counter number # 566377
Mate
IT Ninja
Happy apt-get-ing!
Linux Mint Donar # 2159

Security is the separation of an asset from a threat.
jesica
Level 9
Level 9

Return to Introduce yourself